NO UNSOLICITED WORK ACCEPTED AS OF 9-7-15!
|From D&D's Digital Delights|
1) You MUST follow in ONE of the following ways to be eligible for any contest, guest post or giveaway--really for anything. Any entry or communication about being featured on EC MUST include the information about how you follow. Here are the ways you can follow (remember, you only need one): Twitter, Google+, Google Follower, Pinterest ("New Posts on Enchanted Conversation" is the best board to follow but any board will do) or Facebook. Even if you sign up for the mailing list, you must follow the site.
2) You must be 18 years of age. Current or former students of mine at IUSB are non-eligible.
3) Projects or promotions/giveaways MUST be connected to fairies or fairy tales somehow. This includes movies, books, videos, music, food, jewelry, and art. Books are especially welcome. You must provide your own content and art for promoting your work if it is not a giveaway. I'd love it to be provided for giveaways as well, but that is up to you. The content should be between 200-400 words. No more than two pictures, please. Brief is good.
4) No matter what you are promoting or writing, PLEASE no fantasy sagas or erotica. Also, no sci-f or hardcore horror.
5) EC and things related to it are for ages 15 and up. That means nothing too adult, but nothing for little children, either. This site is used as part of a class I teach, and many of my students are conservative. Keeping in an academic vein, plagiarism and lifting material from other sources is not acceptable. Don't, for example, lift part of a fairy tale from another source and pass it off as your own. When you send something to EC, you are acknowledging your work is your own.
6) I am one person. I cannot give feedback or reasons for anything. I will acknowledge when I receive something. If I plan to use it, I will contact you. Otherwise, you are free to shop your ideas elsewhere. So, please do not submit if you want reasons for rejections. I just don't have time. It's not that I don't care.
7) Individual flash contests will explain the terms that I am buying. Otherwise, you will still need to read these guidelines. Also, all things being equal, when I am deciding anything about content I am going to publish, people who comment and visit the site will be given preference over those who don't. People who support EC deserve to be rewarded. I've never been shy about saying that.
8) DO NOT SEND ME A STORY OR POEM OUTSIDE OF A SPECIFIC CONTEST, I BEG YOU!! I don't have time to read them.
9) I'm very interested in working with writers, vendors, artists, etc., on items for fairy-tale related giveaways.
10) There's only one way to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor and Publisher