1. You can only enter once and you must be at least 18. If you are a current or former student of mine (Kate Wolford, editor), you cannot enter.
2. You may tweet at on your own account or blog on your own blog or post a message on someone else's site (but not EC or Diamondsandtoads.com). The message you create must include a link to the submission guidelines and/or let readers know that this year's first issue will be published on March 20, 2011 and have a link to this site. The message must promote Enchanted Conversation.
3. After you do your promotional effort, please copy and paste a link to your message or the full message into a comment under this post. You must also guess a number between 400 and 1,000 and make sure it is on your comment. You must also have information that makes you easily reachable via email.
4. The winner will be the person who gets the closest, numerically, to the number we choose randomly, between 400 and 1,000. Only one prize will be awarded.
5. The contest starts now and ends Feb. 18 at 11:59 p.m., EST.